While you do not need to be a member to attend a general meeting, there are some pretty significant reasons to make it official:
- Your membership allows you to vote.
- Your membership dues help keep the lights on.
- Your membership makes you eligible to join the board.
- Your membership gets you discounts to various events.
Community Association Mission:
The mission of the Greenmount West Community Association is to improve the standard of living, quality of life and economic status regardless of gender, creed, culture, or class for all Greenmount West residents.
How to Become a Member
- Complete payment below
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be in good standing, a General Member must:
- Have registered with Community Association by completing a signed affidavit
- Deemed an active member of Community Association
- The criteria for Good Standing is determined by Board of Directors, then voted on by the General Membership.
- All General Members are entitled to one (1) vote on any and all matters which require a vote.
- Associate Members are not entitled to a vote.
- Seven (7) Officers: President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Membership Officer, Treasurer, and Parliamentarian
- The Board of Directors: The seven (7) Officers, President Emeritus, and up to three (3) additional members
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must sign a membership affidavit
- Must reside/own property within given boundaries of community
- Businesses, organizations, and institutions located within the physical boundaries of community are entitled to join with a single General Membership per organization
Duties of General Membership
- Elect the Officers
- Vote on all matters brought before the General Membership
- Set overall policy for Community Association
- Receive reports from the Officers and all committees
- Between six dollars ($6) and thirty-six dollars ($36) annually as recommended by the Board of Directors and approved by the General Membership